Trivium Charter School offers a number of options for teaching your child math and language arts on your non-ACE days.
Connect is an opportunity for your kids to have a classroom learning experience in the comfort of their own home. The expert teacher, collaboration, discussion, learning, and practice are all provided by Connect.
How it Works
Every non-ACE day, your student will attend a live class with a teacher for each subject they enroll in. The classes are conducted using Jigsaw Interactive, which allows for students to participate in the sessions by speaking, typing, drawing, sharing their screen, interacting with what the teacher shares, etc. These tools will be used to their best capacity to engage students and make them active participants in their learning.
Our Canvas LMS provides you with everything from the links to the Connect sessions and their recordings , links to practice, assignments, activities, assessments, and gradebooks, so you can easily access your child’s materials.
The teachers will have a Study Hall every afternoon where you or your student can log in and ask questions about their homework - and there will be homework.
Remember that your students will be getting a quality math and language arts curriculum in 3 days a week. We will provide your child with everything they need to succeed, but the live class sessions are just a part of a complete math or language arts education. Students need time to practice, to struggle, to write, to erase and start over, and finally to submit their work for another learning opportunity.
What we Offer
For school year 2022-2023 Trivium Connect is offering the following courses:
- Preparatory Math 1 (4th grade)
- Preparatory Math 2 (5th grade)
- Math A (6th/7th grade)
- Math B (7th/8th grade)
- Math C Pre-Algebra (8th/9th grade)
- Algebra 1 A-G (for middle schoolers and high schoolers meeting UC/CSU requirements)
- Algebra 1 Mastery (for high schoolers meeting graduation requirements; independent study with math teacher support)
- Algebra 2
- Mastery Math 1 (individually paced, independent study with teacher support)
- Mastery Math 2 (individually paced, independent study with teacher support)
- Preparatory English 1 (4th grade)
- Preparatory English 2 (5th grade)
- English A (6th/7th grade)
- English B (7th/8th grade)
- English C (7th/8th grade advanced)
- High School Honors English (meets once per week)